Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trying Tuesday

Here is something that I have been trying (ok I started yesterday). 
I started out going for a walk, and then came across a hill. A hill that was steep enough to need a sign (that read "hill") & winding enough for me to think that this might be for me.
I started walking down the hill, & then I started sprinting up the hill. WOW. I am out of SHAPE! I did that a few more times, then died. wow. It got me pumped up, energized, & caused me to die all at the same time.
I've been doing crunches (maybe 150/day throughout the day) & attempting to get into shape somewhat. To be healthy I should say. 
All of that to say, today I woke up in PAIN! I knew that I had to keep going & I did. I went out to my hill, & was at it again. It felt ok. I need to just suck it up & keep going.
Right now I am sitting here & in pain. I know (hope) that results will be seen & pain will be gone.


Courageously trying,
Lauren

6 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

It's a good idea to take a break for atleast a day when your body is aching from exercise. So the muscle can build up. If you keep going when it hurts, you could, in turn, break the muscle down instead.

cory said...

If it's true pain then a break is good, but if it's just general soreness, try to push through it. Kaitlyn is right though, if it is true pain, then it is best to take a day or two off!

Kaitlyn Luce said...

But! You are doing an awesome job! :-) keep it up!

Angie Vik said...

I feel your pain. Been there, done that. Hope it gets better soon. Exercise is, in general, good for your body. Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. Keep up the good work.

Angie Vik said...

P.S. I miss your fun picture header. I smiled everytime I saw it. The title and saying is easier to read now though. I also liked the side quotes you used to have. This looks nice too and your blog is fun to read.

Lauren Eland said...

Thanks Angie! Im trying to find a fun new layout, & in the process i lost everything. im going to stick with what i have & try again!

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.