Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow days

Oh how I lived for those. I would deliver papers, and if I knew there probably shouldn't be school I would go in and check the tv for school closings. And then last year when I worked in a school system, I loved checking to see if we had school or not, because that meant no work! WooHoo!


Here's the funny part of it all....
I live in Alaska. Juneau to be precise.
There is more snow in Mankato, MN than there is in Juneau, AK. 
What are the odds?! I keep seeing everyone's status' on facebook talking about
stocking up on food, diapers, etc. before "the big blizzard hits." 
Wait, blizzard? I dont know if i have ever even seen a true blizzard in MN.
Im watching the Today show and it's talking about the wonderful weather that they are supposed to be getting. 9-12 inches?! Say what?! Geez~!!!


I guess it just needed to wait for me to leave! 
I don't mind! It's sunny today. The drive to work is going to be wonderful.
The drive home from work is going to be great. 
I can deal with this.
Snow, please stay away during my work week. 


Courageously telling snow to go away,
Lauren

2 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

I have never had a snow day, and have no idea what it feels like. I've had plenty of hurricane days, though. Those actually pretty much stink!

Brad said...

Highway 60 is closed. School is closed tomorrow.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.