Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Here Goes

I have had 2 posts brewing and stirring in my mind for the last couple of days. I sit down to write, and off they go. They are thrown from my mind into the abyss that is staring right back at me. Why is this? Why is it that when I sit down to write, my mind goes blank and I have an immediate reaction to just stop what I'm doing. 


Maybe it's just so overwhelming with all of the words and thoughts and ideas that are running through my mind. So much is going on in my mind, but Im not going to blog about everything. 


Maybe its so overwhelming to think of who may be reading this. People who have hurt me in the past are reading this, and I am not comfortable sharing my life with them. Some people gets bits & pieces, but there are some that will never hear anything from my life except for what they read here, or what other people tell them.


Maybe it's the fear that I am not an amazingly eloquent writer. I have friends who can write words that speak beauty and depth and understanding into my life. I do not have those words... that is not my gift. Yes. The fear of rejection. I think that's what it boils down to...


So what do I do about this? Do i just press against the sharp points and write and see how it is received? Or do I decide that maybe im just not called to write; therefore, I will stop. Hm... that's a good question. One that i do not have an answer to. 


As I sit here and think, my mind is overwhelmed. I want my words to be great and bring a hope and joy, and love and peace, and... to people, but usually all i bring is conflict. Maybe not conflict, but words that tend to get me into trouble. i tend to think that it's OK for me to bring my thoughts and feelings places. It is, right? Well, that's a question that I'm answering. Is it really OK? Do people want me, or just what they think is the real me? Will people be disappointed if I write that maybe I dont read my Bible every day? Yes. Some people will be. They wont say that directly, but they will think it. Will some people be shocked to hear that Im going to codependents anonymous meetings every Tuesday night? YES. Some people will be shocked to read that. Is it OK for me to say this or is that a part of me that will be laughed at and ridiculed for? But wait. Why would people laugh at me for trying to make my life better? Well, that's another great question. One that I dont have an answer for. 


So you may be asking... what is the point of this post? What is it that Im trying to convey to my audience. The answer is... i dont know. i dont know what im trying to say. i dont know what point im trying to get across or even if i have a legitimate point. However, I do know this. I know that after I post this blog i am going to feel sick about divulging too much of my life. People's feelings will probably be hurt. I will probably get an email chastising me for singling a person out, even though im not. But most of all, i will feel sick that i am putting a bit of myself out there. Putting myself out there in a way that i cannot see or know the reaction that will be on the other end. Maybe that's better. Maybe it's best to not know how people respond to me. However, ive learned that silence from a person means that they are mad at me. Im not saying hey if you like this post a comment because im completely insecure. What i am saying is that maybe its time for me to branch out and put myself out there again. Maybe this time there will be a different reception to my thoughts and feelings. Maybe it will be the same. Or maybe... it will be the same, but i will be able to respond differently because i am different. i am different. i am different. 


But thats ok... its ok to be different; to be set apart. 


Well here it goes. Here goes me being weak and vulnerable. When I am weak, He is strong~


Courageously trying my best,
Lauren

7 comments:

Meant To Be Wed said...

It IS ok to be different. I know from experience! And for the people who don't understand or accept that - well, it's their loss.

Love you! :)

Anonymous said...

You are courageously brave! It is brave to post a blog about . . . . ? . . . . something deep and meaningful and scary to you that you can't even name. I am proud of you for stepping into the frightening world of unknowns for the sake of making your life better - wow! That's brave!

Anonymous said...

Lauren-
This is a refreshingly honest post, and I'm proud of you for being brave enough to share.

My goodness, I can't imagine why anyone would be hurt or chastise you for letting people in. I would think that would be their problem, and not something for you to worry about.

Looks like as the 6 of us grow into adults, we're all branching out and doing our own thing and I like that a lot.

Love you!!
Kristen (posting from Cory's profile)

Kaitlyn Luce said...

So, I know that we've never met and we don't really know each other, but I love your vulnerability in this post. Sometimes you just have to lay it all out on the table and let people know that you don't have it all together. Knowing that people don't have all their stuff together makes them more human and easier to relate to. This post touched me.

E said...

Thanks for putting yourself out there L, I feel like you've let me see the real you for a second and I can tell you this, I love you just as much. Like you going to a codependents anon meeting would change my mind!

Sometimes we have to be weak and give others a chance to be strong for us. And God certainly is strong L.

Well I love you, come up to Wisconsin so I can be strong for you!

sherylm said...

Lauren,
Hmmm...maybe we're even more alike than we realized.
You are loved unconditionally.
Your auntie :)

Angie Vik said...

You sweet brave person. What a refreshingly honest thing to write. It's hard to open up and let people see the real you. I give you permission to be real. God loves you just the way you are and that's all that matters. Keep up the deep contemplative thoughts.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.