Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Compassion

Oh Compassion...: 


sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others 

Sometimes i just want to be a petty girl and not like someone. Sometimes i just dont want insight so i can just go on being angry at someone. ugh.

So there is this girl who i do not get along with. She has not liked me since day one, and to be honest i have not been her biggest fan. We have had our share of words, and have just decided to not really acknowledge each other. it was fine. i feel bad at times because i do want to get to know her and understand her but its just not worth it.

Ok. enter in people who know her. and who are my friends. and who tell me things that make me feel COMPASSION for her. They let me in on little bits of her life that make my heart ache for her. That make me want to email her or talk to her and just apologize. and try and start over again and attempt to be friends. 

i will admit that i am a difficult personality to get along with. Someone compared me to dark chocolate with cayenne: i am deep, flavorful, and an acquired taste. then in comes the cayenne and its a bit spicy at times, but it works with everything together. 

so i get it. i can understand it. i like to think that i am somewhat self-aware.

So once again... what is the moral of this story? 

i have an understanding of someone. i understand now maybe why we dont get along so much. i also understand that she may be going through a difficult time. 

i understand that i have done that many times, and i am thankful for my eyes having been opened and am now able to understand and have compassion towards her.

im not saying i have it all figured out, but my foot is in the door. im getting somewhere.

courageously being dark chocolate (yes. i typed that for you. i know you are reading my blog. and its ok! :) you know who you are~),

lauren

3 comments:

nunnyabidness said...

Dark chocolate with cayenne is not an acquired taste for me! It's absolutely perfect!!! :)

sushi_noem said...

I think you are sour skittles:) Fruity and colorful, with a kick at the end! BTW: only discerning palates prefer dark chocolate!

Angie Vik said...

I like you but I don't like dark chocolate with or without cayenne. I think you're more like Starburst - sweet with many flavors.

Maybe this person will never be your best friend, but understanding her background may help your blood pressure not to elevate when she's around. Being emotionally healthy requires the ability to keep short accounts, give people the benefit of the doubt, and to not hold grudges or easily take offense. It may mean being the adult even when the other person acts like a child. Hope the situation gets better for you.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.