Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oscar Picks 2011 Style

Ok. I need to do this. How i pick my winners is this crazy thing. i base it off of who i want to win (sometimes) or who i think is going to win. Ill probably post both in case they happen to be different. And i wont list all of the categories. just the main ones. the smaller ones are usually last minute picks that i say randomly right before the envelope is opened.


Best Original Screenplay:
The Fighter-- LOVED that movie so much...


Best Animated Feature:
Toy Story 3 --Could i really pick anything else?


Best Supporting Actor:
Christian Bale "The Fighter"-- Yep... loved that movie. Although Jeremy Renner was pretty great in  The Town too...


Best Supporting Actress:
Melissa Leo "The Fighter"-- her transformation... AMAZING. AND i think that Hailee Steinfeld deserved a Best Actress nom. she was NOT a supporting actress. True Grit was her movie...


Best Actor:
Ok. Im pretty sure that Colin Firth will win... i havent seen the movie but i want to. If he wins ill be pleased. That being said... i LOVE Jeff Bridges. He was wonderful in True Grit. However, i thought his win last year for Crazy Heart was WAY better. i would only want him to win this because i love him so darn much.


Best Actress: We all know that Natalie Portman is basically already the winner. That being said... i really want to see Blue Valentine... so i dont know what that means. it means that Natalie Portman will win, but i might not necessarily want her to win if i had seen Blue Valentine. So really... ive got nothing.


Best Director:
David O. Russell. Im sticking with the Fighter. LOVED that movie. HOWEVER, i love the Coen Bros. Loved True Grit. 


Best Picture:
Ok. I take issue with this whole "10 best picture nominee" thing. I dont like it. I almost feel as if it cheapens it... im not sure. THose are my thoughts, and im sticking to them. That being said... who gets my pick? Well, ive only seen 4 of the movies on the list (thats another reason why i dont like 10. before i only had to worry about seeing 5... now 10?! really academy? really?!)
THAT ALL BEING SAID: I have to stick with the Fighter. I loved that movie... it evoked every emotion from me, and that to me means its a good movie. But i also loved True Grit... hello. Its the Coen bros. and im totally listening to the soundtrack right now..
but i also loved inception... but that came out earlier this year so its kind of forgotten on me.. 
so im picking the Fighter & throwing it into the universe hoping that something can be done with that...


ok. those are my picks. thankfully you dont have to like them all. :)


courageously rockin' the Oscars tomorrow night,
lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.