Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

alright blog readers. its sunday. and that means i went to church and i received what i hope is from the Lord.


Now, i will say that there were different aspects to my experience this morning, and im only going to touch on one because i am waiting for a strong yet clear revelation from the Lord. And as honest as i try to be here, this is not a place for this type of honesty yet~


So. Last week Pastor Mick has told us that the next sunday (this sunday) would be a communion service. wow. i was really excited about it? Why? well, in all of the few times that i have attended this church i had never been to a communion service. Also, he was SO EXCITED about it! 


now, when i usually think communion service i think of lights being dimmed. guitars slowly (and quietly) being strummed, and people around me with their heads bowed, & tears being shed. 


i did not experience that this sunday. i experienced life. and grace. and life again! 


we ate the bread. we drank of the juice. we ate the bread again. and drank again. and again. and again. until it was gone. we had a mini-meal. we prayed for ourselves. for deliverance. we prayed for our friends. for deliverance. we prayed for our country. for deliverance. we prayed for . . . for deliverance. 


we prayed for deliverance. 


because isnt that how the passover started? 


"So Moses said, 'This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well." -Exodus 11:4-5


the Exodus. its about the LORD. . . Yahweh. . . I AM. . . delivering His people out of slavery & into freedom. 


THAT is what i feel the Passover is about. The LORD delivering His chosen people from slavery. . . from the wrath of Pharaoh. . . 


and that is what He did. 


Granted there is a whole other story to be finished, but here's the kicker. The LORD came to set us free. . . period. Free from ourselves. free from our sin. free from our past. free from. . . insert anything here. . . 


"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." -Galations 5:1


The LORD did not set us free to be set under another ruler. . . to have to live under the rule of gossip. . . addiction. . . guilt. . . shame. . . etc. . . 


the LORD set us free to just be free. to live a life with Him. . . to Glorify Him. . . to rejoice with Him. . . 


i had a bit of clarity today. . . i know my yoke. my burden. and im not sure what to do about it yet. i do know that there is a choice to be made, but im not sure what the is yet. 


so please pray. pray for revelation. that the Lord would show me & guide me. that i would know what to do & when to do it. and that He would give me the strength that i need. 


i am so grateful to have been a part of such a wonderful service today. 


Oh! I forgot one of the best parts. i was able received the weight of my burden today because at the beginning of the service i felt one thing. the thing that had been missing last week: Hope. I felt the LORD stirring in me & filling me with the one thing that had been lacking... i was & am so grateful for that~


so there you have it. there is a part of my sort-of revelation from church this morning... im thankful for it... for now... ;)


courageously attempting to hold onto hope,
lauren

1 comments:

Angie Vik said...

Wow - sounds like a great service. I'm glad it touched your heart. I enjoyed reading about your experience.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.