Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

feb faves

Ok. so what about blogging has been such a chore to me lately?! i have had it on my list for the last week or so & every time i sit down to do it, i dont want to. But i just need to get over it & do it because you need to see what my good february moments are! (Yes, i said need. you maybe want to, but you definitely need to. it may change your life. and i may be seriously sarcastic.)

So, let's begin where i left off...

Feb. 7th: i slept through the night! I hadnt been sleeping at all for the past couple of weeks & it finally happened. i felt so much better & awake. my friend even commented that i looked like i had slept... woohoo!

Feb. 8th: So, my notes (i keep track of this on my ical) say that i woke up to a message from the bf. im sure i did, i just dont remember the message! but thanks! :)

Feb. 9th: I received an email from a dear friend from Ireland & it completely made my day. Thank you Helena for the birthday wishes & reading my blog~! Also, thank you to the bff for the amazing parisian martini that i came home to! SO GOOD!!!

Feb. 10th: my friend's little boy & i were talking about basketball. i said that i loved ricky rubio because he had great hair. I then said that i wanted to marry him. G quickly told me NO!! DONT!! why? because he likes my bf so much more & that i should keep dating him because he knows legend of zelda & halo. Alright... i guess i'll keep him around... ;)

Feb. 11th: I checked the mail & found birthday cards from the grumpy-goos! :) they were homemade & even included a piece of chocolate :)

Feb. 12th (aka the day of my birth/least favorite day of the year): ive never liked my birthday. ever. there's something about the day that screams PRESSURE to be great that makes me cringe whenever it comes around. the bf & i had an argument the night before & i fell asleep crying. i was a bit apprehensive to say the least.
I woke up bright & early & had had a great dream the night before! My bff had totally gone bad-ass in my dream & it was amazing! I was then greeted with a wonderful breakfast of my favorite thing: french toast. amazing! the bf drove down & joined in on it with us. Oh! i forgot about the mimosas! they were amazing! (dont use champagne.) It was then a super chill day throughout the rest of the day. a couple of more friends came over for a dinner of black bean tacos & slaw, margaritas, guacamole, & yellow cake with chocolate frosting. the party favors were great. the company was wonderful. i received gift cards, a trip up north to snow shoe (?!?!!?) & the most beautiful mirror ive ever seen. Ive been looking at it forever, & completely sobbed when i opened it. Thank you oh, so much~ 
Oh! the bf & i then went out to our usual wine place, had a bottle, watched a little of the grammys & went home. I even commented about how i wished the day wouldnt end. ive never felt that way before... it was wonderful~

Feb. 13th: FIRST DAY OF WORK!!!!! My job title is graphics/administrator. awesome! the best part? i make copies. that's really about it! It's only part time for now, but could very quickly become a full-time position. Im really enjoying it & have been told that im catching on rather quickly. i love that. i have my own desk on which i can place pictures!! i can be as organized as i want & i can organize however i want. i get to listen to my music (AMAZING!!) and i can even snack throughout my shift. it's really great to be out & doing something that i feel like im good at. The only downfall? my work injury is paper-cuts. ouch. seriously.

Feb. 14th: Valentine's Day has always been a bit of an annoyance to me. probably because ive been single. probably because its by my birthday. or maybe because it screams pink. i dont know... either way.
i received a valentine's present the day before of martini glasses, a shot glass, & a shaker...!!!!!!! 
the actual day consisted of valentines all around. the bf & i made plans to go to our favorite wine place & look at a book i had filled out (it's called how to love me. BUY IT. it's better for the person actually filling it out because the questions are deep & very interesting). First i got to open my gift from him. it consisted of 16 boxes of sweethearts. i had briefly told him that my favorite part of valentines day was when my dad put those on our spots at the table & we got to eat them. Anyway, i realized there were 16. He then told me to look a bit closer. Once i did i realized that on the back of each one was something that he loved about me... my love of good food... when i wear my hair down... when we go out for drinks... etc. yes. i completely sobbed. what girl wouldnt?! we then headed out & grabbed fries from Arby's (our FAVORITE guilty pleasure place) & then bar hopped around town for good drinks. we ended the night with a great bottle of wine & a little reminiscing~

Feb. 15th: i had a great conversation with the bf before i headed out to work. it was fun & light-hearted~! :)

Feb. 16th: SWEET POTATO SOUP. PERIOD. BEST THING EVER.

Feb. 17th: the end of my first week at work ended with a big mess up, but it wasnt a big deal. But, im glad to say that my first week was a success!! Im still enjoying my job & feel like ive caught on super quick & that im ready for what's next. im adding new things to learn every day & am really enjoying it... it's perfect for me!! 

Feb. 18th: i trekked up to the city & had a great weekend. the bf & i were in a parking lot trying to figure out where to eat, & realized that right next to my vehicle (we were sitting in his) a guy was peeing on the grass! So what do we do? hit the button on the keychain to make the care make a noise & watch him jump a mile into the air! Oh man... we laughed so hard that i thought i might need to go & pee in the grass! ;)

Feb. 19th: we were at the MOA & they had blocked off the area where they normally have performances... so what do we do? The bf grabs my hand & we very quickly walk right through it. Now, i am not a rule-breaker, but i loved it. we even took a minute to sneak a quick kiss... you know, for extra luck! ;)

Feb. 20th: i went into work to find the project that i had messed up on friday completed! my boss took the extra time to make the copies & glue them for me. AWESOME!! i was so happy to see that & thanked him profusely. he deserved the thanks.

so there you have it. those are a few of the things that im enjoying about the month. i have a few more days to go, so im still holding out to see who comes out ahead.

thanks for reading~! :)

(oh. i clearly included a few pics for fun! :)

 My valentine~
 me & the bff (hello yellow box cake!!)
My new desk!!

4 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

1. I love your honestly.
2. I'm happy to see that February seems to be treating you well! Only 9 more days! ;-)

gramma j. said...

Glad to see that Feb has more good days for you!!!! Glad your job is going good!!!! Did you get the b'day card I sent....to your home place, I didn't have a current address for you....Love and hugs to you, Lauren Grace....

Sharon said...

And there is still more of February left!

Unknown said...

Love the photos of the typewriter...I'm a sucker for old typewriters! :)
Just stopped over from Life, love and laughter in a large family to let you know that Think Quotes It's Friday is back...saw you posted a couple of years ago when I tried it and I'm starting it again. Hope to see you there!
Oh and Happy Birthday! a little late...

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.