Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Artsy-Fartsy

Living in Alaska has been great so far, but I've been dying to make my room "my own." I am not crafty or artistic by any means, but I've been trying to be courageous & step out into the world of crafts. 


Here are a few pictures of things that I have taken & "remade" them in a sense.


Enjoy~




The old movie shelf. Notice how the sides curve in. That was not practical as some of my books did not fit.




All I did here was take off the 2 side pieces, & will glue/nail them on the opposite way creating more room & great practicality.




The desk is a table that was hiding behind a futon, and the square is 4 pieces of scrapbook paper (thank you Roxanne!). To hide the seams i took a little bit of ribbon & glued it to the paper. Im now adding little quotes & sayings using letters cut from magazines. (Shout out to my Gray fam with the calendar~)


Last but certainly not least...







My Rocking Chair!
My new friend, Erin, had it sitting out on the porch, was not using, and graciously let my room be its new home! I use it as a desk chair, a reading chair, a movie watching chair, and a wonderful decoration. It may be the best chair that I have ever owned.




Courageously being crafty, 


Lauren

2 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

I love how artsy and thrifty this post was. My two favorite things are the various assorted items holder and the calender, for sure! :-)

Angie Vik said...

Love your thinking outside the box. Making do and seeing useful and creative in things that normally aren't are good life skills. I like that you made the book shelf work better. Good for you.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.