Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dream a little dream

Many of you who know me, know that my dreams are out of the world. 
I dream the most random sort of things, yet they all somehow tie in together. 
These last few nights I have been dreaming crazy dreams, & wake up wondering "what the heck!?"
How did I think of that in my subconscious? How do those random thoughts get into my head?


Awhile back I had been wondering if maybe this was my spiritual gift. Maybe God was trying to speak to me through them. I decided to pray about it every night before I went to bed. Well, I ended up not dreaming at all those couple of weeks. Was it God telling me that this wasn't my gift? Was it just coincidence? Who knows. 


All of that to say, this last week has been a crazy week for dreams! Some good, some not so good, but always strange!


Do any of you have strange dreams? Is it the cold pizza you ate before bed? I would love to hear your thoughts!


Courageously dreaming,
Lauren

9 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

I have crazy dreams, I have sweet dreams and I have flat out nightmarish dreams. I know a lot of what I dream has to do with that I last think about before I fall asleep, or what is going on in my heart and my mind. I've had God speak to me plenty of times through dream. and wake me up, too. Not literally. ;-)

Brad said...

Oh, boy! You and your dreams!!!!! :)
I've had a few crazy ones lately, but it's because I've been too hot with our winter comforter!
Thanks so much for calling today-it was so good to talk with you finally!!!
Love you!

Brad said...

P.S. I do still think God can speak to us in our dreams.

Shelly said...

Your mom has strange dreams!!!:) And yes...I too think that God speaks in our dreams...I know He has in mine. Many times through dreams has God prepared me for something coming in the future...esp death....strange, I know...but it's true.

Shelly said...

p.s.....I meant the deaths of other people, not my own...yet anyway!

Angie Vik said...

How fun. You used to read my blog every day, and now that you have one, I read your blog every day. And it always makes me smile.

I think our dreams take all the people we've ever met and all the places we've ever been and all the things we've ever done and shakes them up like dice in a cup, adds a few random images, and puts out a few at a time for our nightly dream with an endless amount of crazy combinations.

A good friend calls the crazy dreams that make absolutely no sense "Pizza dreams."

Sweet dreams.

Angie Vik said...

Not to be bossy or pushy or give unsolicited advice, but maybe you could add your fun picture that I like so much at the top of the right column above "Welcome." Or not.

Lauren Eland said...

I added it a little picture to the side Angie just for you! :)

Angie Vik said...

Thank you, Lauren. It makes me smile. I also like the picture Taya posted of you from Shetek this summer where you're coming up out of the water. Erica says you don't like that picture, but I do.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.