Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Twilight

I know what you're thinking. "No, Lauren! Not Twilight! I thought you had better sense & taste than that!"


So did I. Until that one evening back home in Janesville when my sister Kaitlyn & I made a deal. Our deal was that I would read all of the Twilight books if she would read all of the Harry Potter books. I had no desire whatsoever to read the Twilight series. All I knew of it was that it would about some high school girl falling in love with a vampire...happily ever after... blah blah blah. Love stories & I do not do well at all. I'm just not that into them.




I finally got the last 2 books, & was finished. What a great love story. I know, WHOA Lauren! You just said great love story! It was beautiful though. Not something that I have to concentrate on every word, & enjoy the beauty surrounding the whole thing, but it was a great, light-hearted read. I am pleased to say that I finished the series in 1 week, & the last book in 12 hours. I did nothing that whole 12 hours except read & eat & listen to music. It was ridiculous, yet so worth it.


If you want a simple read, check these books out. They are great. Even I loved them, and that is saying something!


In case you were wondering, Kaitlyn has not yet read Harry Potter. Hasn't even started them. This is me getting back at her for not reading them. If you see her, please relay the message that she is a ninny & needs to suck it up! :) 


COURAGEOUSLY reading girly books,
Lauren

4 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

Girly books for the win! ;-)

Audra said...

Hey Lauren!! I didn't know you have a blog! I randomly came across it... and immediately "subscribed." I am reading Twilight right now!!! And I'm really frustrated because I've tried renting the movie at 6 different places and no one has it... isn't it like a really popular movie? I don't understand. But I like it, too! We saw the Grays Saturday night in Pipestone and I thought of you. Ok this is too long, bye!

Angie Vik said...

Cute picture of you and I'm assuming your sister. I don't think it's right your sister hasn't kept up her end of the bargain. But is she still in school and therefore obliged to study now and then?

Lauren Eland said...

Audra I am so thankful you are reading my blog!
Yes Angie, I suppose i should let her study...! She is in the middle of a book for speech so it's kind of this banter we have going back & forth...! :)

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.