Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The current soundtrack of my life...

There are many thoughts running through my head today as I sit down to type this out. Do I write about how my blog was started? Do I share my opinions & thoughts on what courage means to me? Do I really do all of that, even though I am not feeling the need to justify myself? 


Nope. Nope to all of thee above. I have a great post for the day, but am feeling a bit despondent. Instead, I will write on the beautiful music that I have been listening to these last couple of days. The music that has been feeding & uplifting my soul. Please, do enjoy. :)


The Twilight Score:

      I know, some of you are thinking "NO! Not another Twilight fan! I thought that she would be safe!" Well you have thought wrong my friends! Maybe tomorrow I will recount my utter distaste & loathing for the series, that eventually turned to love. However, that is not this day. This day I tell you to go & search out for that Score! The score was composed by Carter Burwell, & is great to listen to. If you have seen the movie, you feel as if you are watching it again. It's great to listen to when you just want to chill. Click here to listen to a clip, & let me know your thoughts!


Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince:



   "Not another one Lauren...NO!" Yep, the time has come. Harry Potter has entered my blog. I became a fan of HP right before I left for Ireland, & WOW. I read all 7 books in less than 30 days. It was an amazing adventure. I believe that I have read the last 2 books 3-4 times (mostly to refresh my mind & continue to put a few things together that I didn't get the first time!). This score will take you through all of the emotions from the movie. You will feel the happiness & the sadness as if you were watching it for the first time. I am currently listening to it, & know what part is coming next. The sadness is already brewing...
To listen to a little clip, please click here. I forgot to mention that the score was composed by Nicholas Hooper. 


Sidenote: Please do not let the movie titles deter you from listening to great music. Thank you.


Last but not least...


George Winston. Oh, how I have been loving George Winston. I just looked him up last night, but I am in love. I listened to his songs on shuffle last night while I fell asleep, and it was wonderful. The best part was that I had already heard a few of his songs played by a "little brother" of mine. It brought back wonderful memories, & I have missed hearing him play. Please, please, please check him out! I cannot recommend any of his cds because I have not listened to them all yet, but please click here for a little tasting. One of my favorite songs of his.


There you have it folks! A little glimpse into what I am currently listening to! I would love to hear your thoughts on any, all, or none of these suggestions! 


Courageously suggesting, 
Lauren

1 comments:

E said...

Lauren I'm so glad you love George Winston! I love his Linus and Lucy Cd, all the music from Peanuts..and i remember a certain kid at Camp playing some George Winston, one of my highlights actually

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.