Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sincerely Saturday...!?

I am feeling very "filled with the spirit" today. I woke up after having an amazingly strange dream, checked a couple of blogs, & came across my aunt Sharon's blog
It struck me right away, & I had to read more. 


The following is an excerpt from her blog (including her highlighting):


The scripture was from Exodus 14: the Israelites looked up and there were Egyptians marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. Moses told the people to not be afraid, stand firm, the Lord will deliver you. The Lord will fight, you need only to be still. Then the Lord said to Moses "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites tomove on."

The Israelites' anxiety caused them to long for the past they remembered (with rose-colored glasses) and refuse to move forward. "They prefer the miserable past to an unknown future with God." By remembering the Lord (being still), Moses takes a courageous step and deliberately moves ahead, doing "what is best despite other people's lack of support. By doing this, he transforms not only his own life, but all of those around him."



How interesting is it that I would read this today. How amazing that Sharon would post this when that is what I have been thinking about. How often do we want to stay somewhere "safe" even though it is killing us. 


Just a few thoughts for the day. I have more thoughts in my mind, but I'm just not ready to share them quite yet. 


Courageously saying no,
Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.