Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Welcome

Greetings~!


      Welcome to my blog. I have been thinking about doing this for quite some time now, but have wondered what I would write about. 
      
     Would I write about my time in Alaska? My time as a nanny? An avid book reader? A food & drink connoisseur? A film critic? All or none of the above?


     Then it hit me: why not write about everything? Anything & everything that may pique my interest. 


     To start this out I thought it would be best to get to know me. The following are 10 things I think might be important in starting our blogging relationship.


     Enjoy~!


1. I have lived in South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Ireland, & Alaska. 
2. I grew up in a Christian home, and I am thankful for that.
3. I am the 3rd of 6 children. 1 older sister, 1 older brother, & 3 younger sisters.
4. The only time that there is quiet around me is when I'm sleeping. Even then I listen to music for 15 minutes before I go to sleep.
5. I am going to get a tattoo of Joshua 1:9 on my wrist. I live by that verse. 
6. I wear "Lauren Style" almost every day. What is "Lauren Style" do you ask? It's when a short sleeve shirt is worn over a long sleeve shirt. 
7. I will probably have the weirdest dreams that you will ever hear. 
8. I own a pair of purple high heels. And I wear them.
9. In the spirit of Halloween, I have never been trick or treating.
10. When I am in the car with my sisters, they know that they will die if they take my harmonies to the song on the radio. 


Thank you for taking the time to get to know me! 


Living a courageously brave life,


Lauren



6 comments:

sherylm said...

Nobody steals my harmony parts either - I hate that...

Brad said...

YIPEE!!!!! I'm so glad you started a blog...I was just thinking that the other day! :)

Angie Vik said...

Hi Lauren,
Anna and I have enjoyed looking at your blog. Cute first post. You have lived in such interesting placs. Nebraska is one of Keith's favorite states. Keith's brothr came up with an anocronym for Nebraska - Neighbors Eating Breakfast,and Running Around Sniffing Kangaroo Armpits.

As a conservative mother I would be remiss to not discourage you from the tatoo. Joshua 1:9 is a great verse. But tattoos don't look nice when you get old and wrinkled.

I didn't understand #10. I am seriously musically challenged, but what does "taking your harmony" mean?

I don't want to fill up your comment box with my rambling so will close for now. TTYL.

Lauren Voges said...

I love the nebraska acronym.
Im still debating on the tattoo idea. im afraid of pain!
"taking my harmony" means that one of my sisters is singing the alto or soprano part that i have also chosen to sing. we can not sing the same parts.

thanks for reading! it makes me smile :)

summer said...

yay! i can't wait for more!

stina1125 said...

just wanted you to know... i spent the last 20 minutes reading your blog and NOT getting my homework done! LOVE YOU MUCHO.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.