Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

AFI Update

WooHoo! On Sunday I checked out 3 movies from the library that are on the AFI movie list. I then proceeded to watch 2 in one day! Woohoo! I was super pumped about that!


The first one that I watched was "Annie Hall." It's a Woody Allen film starring Woody Allen & Diane Keaton. It was an interesting movie. I am not 100% sure why it was on the list, and am needing to do a little homework about that. Anyway, it was sweet and endearing. I had never seen a Woody Allen film, and was intrigued by it. It was sweet and cute and fun and pretty mellow. It was a good older movie. 













Later that evening a friend and I watched "Taxi Driver." The word we used to describe it at the end of the night was "strange." The plot lacked, the ending was so weird, but the acting was pretty good. A few big names were in it: Robert De Niro, Jodie Foster, Cybil Sheperd, & Peter Boyle. All in all it ended up being nominated for 4 oscars. That's great! I'm just wondering why. De Niro was great in it, but like I said, the plot seemed to be lacking. Why was the senator so important? What was that all about? Either way, I have one more checked off the list...



It was a pretty good day for movie watching! I fell asleep watching "Coraline" and am excited to finish it tonight! 


Tomorrow I head back to work for day 2 of orientation. Sorry if this post arrives late! Better late than never! :)


Courageously making up a song about Coraline, 
Lauren

OOH! I found a blog giveaway that would be awesome! I would love to have an Alaskan journal.. just talking about that last night! Check out this this site to register for it!! :)















0 comments:

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.