Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

*Snow*

While driving home from work last night, I experienced the first real snow of the season. When I woke up this morning, I encountered a wonderful dusting of snow on the ground. When I walked on the sidewalk this morning I encountered something slippery under the snow. I then realized that underneath the "wonderful" (I like snow, just not the building up to the accumulation of it) snow was a little bit of rain that had frozen overnight. My friend, Erin, told me that studded tires are a must here. I must look into that if I am going to be driving 10-20 minutes to and from work every night. 
So, here is to the snow. Here is to a winter in a new land. Here is to being from Minnesota and knowing what this white stuff on the ground is. 
snow-heelsSpeaking of Minnesota, tonight I will be working with a guy from Brainerd. I met his cousin last night who went to college at Bethany in Mankato. HA! What are the odds of someone in Alaska having heard of Janesville?! Amazing.


Well, here I go. My hair is wet, my face is dry. Have a wonderful weekend! My Friday is technically tomorrow, so I will have to enjoy that later. 


Courageously admitting that I am not loving the snow,
Lauren










I have a feeling that this picture is a foreshadowing of what is to come of me. I enjoy my high heeled boots. I will not give in. Not even in Alaska. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.