Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monday

So yesterday was the first monday of the new year, and boy did it deliver as a monday...


First, i need to back up...


Sunday morning i received a phone call from a friend in Juneau. my day was bright.
Then another friend from Juneau (who is from MN) was visiting MN these past couple of weeks, and we decided to meet up somewhere and just hang out. I got ready, and headed up to the cities. 


SIDENOTE: I get really anxious driving in the cities. i never do it. 


So, i pack up and head out to the cities with trusty ol' GPS, Emily. She gets me there and i am thankful.
I hung out with my friend, Ezra and it was totally fun! We went out to eat, played indoor mini-golf and just hung out. It was great having one last moment with a friend from Juneau, and someone from work. It was so fun!


Anyway, I decided to pay my sister, and her husband a visit for the night! I drove over to bloomington, attempted to navigate my way around to a Byerly's (for their delicious selection of cheeses), and was at their apartment. It's a super cute place, and full of love~! We spent the night hanging out and chatting and i dont really remember what else, but it was fun! 


So, the plan was to go to the Mall of America on Monday, and just have fun and hang out. Well, we get to my car, start it, let it warm up, and then proceed to drive. However, it's pulling to the right. a lot. I have Breanne jump out, and check the tire, and much to my dismay... it is completely and utterly flat. I let out a few choice words (hey, i was mad) and proceed to figure out what to do.


We ended up staying home and watching Julie & Julia (delightful movie...) and just hanging out. It was fun...


AAA came, and told me that happens when it gets this cold out. I bring my car in to have the tires checked, and no problems or leaks! I was cleared to drive home! It is now 930ish at night, but i stopped at the gas station, grabbed a frappachino, a smart water, and i was out.


I made it home without any problems in the end... but Man~! What a Monday.


Here's to 51 more Mondays in 2010...


Courageously not enjoying monday,
Lauren

3 comments:

Brad said...

Love this post-I am SO proud of you for driving all of those places-I was just thinking of that the other day...how much you hate driving in the cities. I'm so jealous that you got to watch Julie and Julia, and with Breanne-I haven't seen their place yet.

Kaitlyn Luce said...

Just saw Julie and Julia for the first time (and a half) over the weekend. It really is a delightful movie. I'd watch it again in a heart beat.

Meant To Be Wed said...

I miss driving in the Cities! hehe! Brian & I also watched Julie & Julia last week & LOVED it!!!! It almost makes me want to make beef bourguignon! (or not!) Sucks about the tire, but at least you didn't need to buy a new one!

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.