Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure

So, im not really one to be all fluffy & change colors in font on my blog, but this post is deserving of a color change.


What time is it? What is my guilty pleasure?




Yep, you guessed it. Its NBA finals season and boy am i amped. My home team is not in the playoffs (dont hate on the MN Timberwolves... they just arent there yet), but my team is on the move towards a 2nd NBA ring. Yep. the Lakers. Im a Lakers fan and i am not afraid to say it.


Also, right now im streaming the Cavaliers vs. Celtics game on my computer. I am not a Cavs fan by any means, nor am i a Lebron fan. The reason i watch is to see (and hope) that the Celtics beat the Cavs. it would be sweet justice. it would put my heart to rest for just a little bit longer...


Im not really sure where my love for basketball started, but boy am i thankful for it. 


Last year i would go to Buffalo Wild Wings, sit up at the bar, order a hard cider & wings, and just sit there and watch the game. My favorite memory is of 2 jr high basketball coaches. They were men in their mid 30s who were there after a game, and sat down a few stools from me. I was talking with the bartender about the game, and they happened to over hear me. The Lakers were playing the Nuggets, and it was a pretty intense series. The guys thought that they would try to test my knowledge a little bit, and were just picking at LA. Finally, i looked at the bartender, (we were kind of buddies. He was a sweet man.) he winked at me, and i started to chat with the coaches. They were talking about a call and they clearly had no idea what they were talking about. They were trying to BS their way through it, and were completely unsuccessful in their attempt to sound smart. I totally schooled them (really. i did. im not just saying that to sound awesome. i really did.) and they proceeded to not talk to me for the rest of the night, and let me revel in the glorious win of my team... it was wonderful~!


Now, it is almost half-time. Im hoping the Celtics win, move on to play Orlando, and then i dont really care who wins there...


HOWEVER.


I do care about the western conference finals series. My friend Amanda is a huge Suns fan, so im totally pumped to talk a little smack these next couple of weeks...!


Ah, the joys of being a basketball fan...!


Bring on the Suns.


Courageously hating on Lebron,
Lauren

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can anyone be more excited about this than me?! No...I am pumped and a half!
Bring on the Lakers.

Angie Vik said...

I'm impressed that you're so savvy and actually like watching sports on TV. Erica does too. Hope your team does well.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.