Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Body & Soul

Wow, it's been awhile since ive had a great blog post that ive felt really good about. This next one has been on my mind a lot lately, and i hope you enjoy~

Food and i have a love/hate relationship, and i wish i could say that its more love than hate.

As ive been on this journey to figuring out my life and getting it back into order (somewhat) ive realized that i have issues with food. The first thing that i used to do when i was stressed was to immediately stop eating, and move away from anything that even looks like food. The smell of food completely throws me off, and i just cannot recover from it. Its ridiculous. I have an idea as to how it started, but its just not something to share right now.

Anyway, as ive been on this journey of self-discovery i have gotten a lot better at this. Basically, i have been forcing myself to just push through when i had been feeling anxious or stressed. Another thing that i did was, if i was stressed i would skip one meal, so that i was super hungry for the next and i would have no choice but to eat. 

Ok, so im realizing now that this may seem a bit alarming to some. Its ok. im healthy. I have been doing so much better. Im eating at meals, im eating when im hungry, and im just trying to stay healthy through it all. 

Now, all of that being said... ive been wondering if it hasnt been a blessing in disguise...

When i get stressed, instead of feeding my physical body, i would quickly go and play music. In a sense, feeding my spiritual body. 

I have been thinking about that so much more lately... the moment i get stressed, i immediately need to release it somehow. That usual release is through listening to music and just feeling my feelings through the music & lyrics....

The music changes depending on my mood. I have a playlist for rage... a playlist for sorrow... a playlist for rest.... a playlist for everything...

Im thankful for my love of music. Im thankful for a family that shares that love. Im thankful for friends that share that love. Im thankful that i have the opportunity to listen to great, deep, thought-provoking music. 

Lately i have been listening to Mumford & Sons. Their music is poetry to my heart, and it feeds my soul.

Im not sure exactly why i wrote this post, but im looking at it as a sort of therapy... a place where i can share my thoughts, and just really be honest. I feel like i have something to give and i want to share with others some things that have helped me or some things that i have learned...

So... here are some lyrics to a song that i have enjoyed lately... its just beautiful and wonderful. Enjoy~

Courageously feeding my body & soul,
Lauren


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Lovely. Now go eat :)

Sharon said...

Was so good to have you here!!! Hope you had a fabulous day.

Angie Vik said...

I admire your courageous honesty. You have a sweet heart and a fun outlook on life. I've enjoyed getting to know you better through your blog. It's cool that we're always learning and growing and hopefully becoming better people. Hope you're having a good summer.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.