Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

thoughts

so there is a blizzard roaring outside. and i feel like there is a blizzard brewing in my mind as well. 


let me rephrase that. a year ago, there would have been a blizzard in my mind. a year ago i didnt have the tools that i have now to tell myself the truth and to help keep my head on its shoulders. a year ago these thoughts racing wouldve shut me down for the rest of the day, if not a couple days, if not a good week. a year ago i wouldve probably run from these thoughts and set them aside as unrealistic. a year ago i wouldve shut down and just not have been able to function because my mind would be racing so much.


im thankful that this is not the case anymore.


im thankful that i can process thoughts in a healthy way. im thankful that the thoughts that are running through my mind, are not racing. im thankful that im able to turn them off and enjoy life. im thankful that i can turn them on and off at healthy moments in time. im thankful that i can share my experiences and maybe help someone else through difficult moments in their life. im thankful that God has given me different gifts. im thankful that i can look back on everything and be grateful. im thankful that i can say these things. a year ago, i wouldve just walked away~


im thankful for many things right now. im thankful for the thoughts that are stirring in my mind. im thankful that they are good. and true. and that they arent causing me stress. but almost giving me life.


i cant share my thoughts with you. i can barely share my thoughts with myself. but im hoping its soon. im trusting the Lord with everything in my life~


courageously feeling ok,
lauren

3 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

It's amazing the work that God can do in us, and we don't even realize it until a little while down the road. I'm grateful for the changes that God makes in His children. Beautiful changes make beautiful people. <3

Sharon said...

Yay-lovin your story.

gramma j. said...

Blessings on you, Lauren Grace...
love you....

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.