Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ok. So my plan for the day today was to wake up whenever i woke up, and either read my Bible, or listen to a little Andrew Peterson, & let the Lord work through that...


Well. It didnt go as planned. i woke up annoyed. feeling catty. pissed off. mad at the world. but really just mad at one person, and projecting it at the world. just really annoyed. 


i went downstairs, grabbed some coffee & a croissant, and came back up. with hopes of maybe journaling for a bit. and i watched some mind numbing tv on my computer & just wrote. wrote about how i was feeling. i woke up being completely honest with God, & told him that i was not marching around the wall just yet... (think of the story of Joshua & Jericho) and that when i felt like it that i would do what i needed to do for the day. so i just let that be...


my BFT came in and we chatted for a bit. it was good. i realized that i have a lot of spunk in me today (for lack of a better term), and that this could be really awesome or really awful. 


and then i sat down with my journal again and started looking for some song lyrics. and then i stumbled upon some music videos of a couple of my favorite songs right now... songs that are by no means labeled "Christian", but songs that fed me... songs that spoke to my soul... songs that i listen to and just feel inspired... or maybe give me just a little bit of life...


isnt it funny how that happens sometimes. i plan for one thing, and something completely different pops up...


my favorite part is that i know God can and is working in it & through it... 


courageously writing & listening,
lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.