Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ok. so all i want to do is write. and write. and write. 


but i have no inspiration. at least no inspiration that i want to really write about. 


where do you all get your inspiration from?


i went to a friend's art show at a local coffee shop. i walked in, ordered a yin yang (a white & milk chocolate mocha. yum.) anyway. it was so great seeing her. she is so sweet & kind and i knew that her art was going to be wonderful.


and it was. she wrote up a little bit about her art & what she was trying to convey through her art. after reading that, i looked at her works... amazing. i was literally moved to tears. there is something about art, whether it be writing, painting, music, etc. when it's good it it supposed to convey some sort of emotion. and it was good. i felt deeply moved by it. through her paintings she revealed her life. i could see her feelings. her tears. her heart. i could see her. 


that is what i want. when i sit down to blog, i want people to see my heart.  i want people to see the person that ive become. im not who a lot of you think that i am anymore. ive changed my whole life. i feel that i am the person that the Lord originally created me & intended for my life to be. 


So what is the point of all of this? im not sure. im looking for inspiration. something to keep me writing. im not going to stop, but im needing to find something that keeps working in & through me. 


So what's your inspiration? what changes your life? what moves you towards emotion? what is something greater than yourself that you cant wait to share with others?


that's what im looking for. that's what im waiting for. 


im heading up to church tomorrow. by myself. big deal! anyway. im hoping to find my inspiration there. for the Lord to move me the way that He faithfully does.


if you click this link, it will take you to my friend's art site where you can view her work. i love it. im so thankful to know her~!


courageously looking for inspiration,
lauren

3 comments:

Ahmelie.com said...

I am inspired by fabric, does that count? Lots and lots of fabric.... :)

Cory said...

Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" inspires me and leaves me in awe. Check it out on Youtube

Kaitlyn Luce said...

I've been a bad blogger lately, which means I'm probably lacking much inspiration. Oopsies!

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.