Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

ok. i went to church today. it was good. it's always good...


but. i dont have much to share about it. im just letting it sink in and hopefully being open to what the Lord has for me. 


instead ill share this with you. i stumbled upon it again last night, and it does something different in me every time i read it.


its an excerpt from a book about Bono. (Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas) I read it while i was in Ireland, & it changed my life. seeing someone with the same beliefs as me, but living in complete freedom... WOW. it was amazing to me. i just ordered it from amazon... im excited to pick it up again. i can 99% say that i believe i will see Bono in heaven some day. why only 99%? im not God. 


So. here is the link. click it. read it. enjoy it. buy the book. read it. enjoy that. 


Ill leave you with a quote that resounded in me the most: "I'd be in big trouble if Karma was going to finally be my judge. I'd be in deep shit. It doesn't excuse my mistakes, but I'm holding out for Grace. I'm holding out that Jesus took my sins onto the Cross, because I know who I am, and I hope I don't have to depend on my own religiosity."




AH! I just realized i didnt include the link! Worst 


blogger ever!! Click HERE!!! to read the full excerpt! 




courageously enjoying a relaxing sunday,
lauren

2 comments:

nunnyabidness said...

LOVE that quote!!! I'll have to pick up that book when I have some time!

sushi_noem said...

Very interesting...I have great respect for Bono and have alwas enjoyed seeing him interviewed. Will have to add the book to my *extensive* reading list! Thanks for sharing:)

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.