Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

"Remember, by your actions the people of ------- will judge you, the people from the church ... and God."






So i read this just a little bit ago. as if i wasnt already a bit crazed today, let's throw in a little Christian guilt to remind us to keep our filters up & be the perfect Christians that we can be. 


Im all for behaving in an appropriate manner... However, im not for being guilted into it.


im sure the person saying this had the right hear, but man. was their delivery OFF. 


so. just a little reminder or word of advice to all of you readers out there... guilt doesnt work. guilt shouldnt work. 


especially not for something like that.




amen. hallelujah. 






-L

2 comments:

The Minnesotan with the German-Irish Name said...

For something like what? I guess I don't understand what you mean by this.

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. People do judge the Church and God by the actions of those who claim the name of Christ.
2. Christians are called to be holy, obedient to Scripture, and devoted to good works.
3. There is false guilt, but there is also real guilt.
4. The Holy Spirit can and does use feelings of guilt to convict of sin.

So why in this particular context is that statement inappropriate?

I guess I'm feeling contrary today!

Sue Collins said...

Virtue is it's own reward. My Mother used to say that all the time. You should be a good person because it's the right thing to do not because others will judge you. I've spent so much of my life worrying about what others think, I'm still working on that.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.