Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Do you ever have one of those days where you have nothing uplifting or sensible to bring to the world? today was definitely one of those days.


ive got nothing.


so. ill leave you with the Epilogue to one of my favorite poetry books, Thirst by Mary Oliver.


Another morning and I wake with thirst
for the goodness I do not have. I walk
out to the pond and all the way God has
given us such beautiful lessons. Oh Lord,
I was never a quick scholar but sulked
and hunched over my books past the
hour and the bell; grant me, in your
mercy, a little more time. Love for the
earth and love for you are having such a 
long conversation in my heart. Who
knows what will finally happen or
where I will be sent, yet already I have
given a great many things away, expect-
ing to be told to pack nothing, except the 
prayers which, with this thirst, I am 
slowly learning.






~L

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.