Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Sigur Ros & Snow

and New Moon. Yep. Friends, I have officially seen New Moon...! It was great. 
The plan was for me to go the Sunday matinee showing at 1:30. I bought my ticket before work on Saturday, and was ready to go the next day. I received a call from work Sunday morning wondering if I would be willing to come into work for a couple of hours to take some of the kids to a matinee. I explained to them that I had already purchased my ticket, but that I would be willing to take them to the movie. So, my quiet day turned into a workin' day. However, I will not complain about getting time and a half for 4 hours for watching a movie. Not going to do it! :)


The movie was great. I loved it. I cannot elaborate because many people that I know have not seen it, and would kill me if I did (cough, Kaitlyn, cough). You will just have to stay tuned for *possibly* next weekend when I go see it again. However, I can say this: I have been listening to the NM soundtrack for the past few weeks, and totally called approximately where 3 of the songs would be placed in the movie. I am good!


Anyway, back to the title of my blog. It is snowing. a lot. and i am listening to my recently played playlist on shuffle. Sigur Ros has been coming on frequently and it's beautiful to listen to with the snow falling against the mountains. It has been snowing frequently here. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm thinking that once my time in Alaska comes to an end, I need to move to a warmer climate. I have lived in Ireland, Minnesota, and now Alaska. Maybe Hawaii...


Anyway. All of that to say, it is snowing and I am currently listening to great music. I may switch it over to Fleet Foxes. I have heard that Fleet Foxes are a great winter listen. 


Well, maybe I should keep this day going somehow. However, before I do that I am thinking about doing a giveaway. I love music, and am thinking about making a sampler for one lucky reader. Thoughts? Suggestions? Stay tuned for further updates!


Courageously admitting that I saw New Moon on opening weekend and waited in line outside,
Lauren



1 comments:

Brad said...

Hey Lauren-Crazy to see the snow-thanks for sharing a picture! Amazing that you got to see a movie while working!! YAY!

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.