Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Too Long...

I have been absent for far too long. Please forgive me. 
My wireless internet is on the fritz. I have been working a lot. It is the holidays. I've just been busy.

Yet not busy enough. Not busy enough to not miss my family.

It's funny how that happens. Sometimes my family drives me crazy. We are loud. We are mean. We are crazy. We don't always get along. We get on each others nerves. We don't always do the dishes. We cry. We are emotional. We are 5 girls and 1 boy.

But, because of all of this, I love them. They are the craziest people I will ever meet, but I love them because of that. We play phase 10. Kaitlyn quits a million times every game (do NOT deny it Keena!) and Mike (Breanne's husband) created a game within a game. We count & see how many times Kaitlyn actually quits. It's really funny.

My sisters sang at my aunt and uncle's church. They sang the song we sang at Breanne's wedding. I was not there to be the alto. I missed it.

I hate missing out on things, yet I know that I will appreciate them so much more when I see them. I already do appreciate them so much more.


I miss my mom and dad. I miss watching the Timberwolves with my dad, and I miss watching movies with my mom until she falls asleep. We usually make it about 20 minutes (if we're lucky.)

So family, here is to you. Here is to me loving you, and all of you crying while reading this. 

Courageously admitting that my family is crazy and that I enjoy it,

Lauren

2 comments:

Angie Vik said...

I'm guessing your family likes to know that you miss them. I bet they missed you tool. It's easy to take our families for granted until we're not able to see them everyday. We were missing Christina and Andrew this year and it makes the holiday not seem complete without them. Kiah is home for a few days so we are loving that. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving anyway.

Shelly said...

So....I totally love you....you are my favorite...and yes....I am crying reading your blog and writing this!!
We miss you...and love you too....especially today....

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.