Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

well. ive been wanting to blog for the past few days, but havent had anything exciting or interesting to share with the world.


life is fine. it has its bumps, but i feel like im navigating them really well. im trying to just allow to work in & through my life and i feel like ive maybe even done a good job...?... maybe? anyway, i feel really good about it.


ive been reading a lot of mary oliver lately & , as always, it has been life-changing. the way her words flow into & through my heart & soul is completely amazing to me. im not quite sure how she does it but it is amazing to me. absolutely wonderful~


so i want to share maybe one of her writings. 


and im going to recommend her. go. buy a book. i get mine at the local barnes & noble. im sure you can find any of her works at a local bookstore. if you do, please tell me. read it. find the poems that speak to you. i have a few of them, but my favorites (i judge it by how many pages ive tagged) are Thirst. Dream Work. & Why I wake Early. 


If you do happen to pick one up, i would love to hear from you. or if you have read anything else of hers, i would love to know as well. OR if you have a favorite poet that you would like to share with me, im all ears. 


So... 


Sunrise
m. oliver


You can
die for it-
an idea,
or the world. People


have done so,
brilliantly,
letting
their small bodies be bound


to the stake,
creating
an unforgettable
fury of light. But


this morning,
climbing the familiar hills
in the familiar
fabric of dawn, i thought


of China,
and India
and Europe, and I thought
how the sun


blazes
for everyone just
so joyfully
as it rises


under the lashes
of my own eyes, and I thought
I am so many!
What is my name?


What is the name
of the deep breath I would take
over and over 
for all of us? Call it


whatever you want, it is
happiness, it is another one
of the ways to enter
fire.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.