Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

alright. i have a few moments to sit down & write about a few of my favorite things so far in the month of february. 

let me tell you... this hasnt been easy. february has kicked my butt so far & im just attempting to stay calm & focused. i was talking to my a friend last night & telling her how i would love to just not cry for 1 day during february... just 1 single day. she then tells me to just go with it & maybe next year will be my year. i kinda like that idea. i think that ive put so much pressure on myself to be OK that im not even living up to my own expectations. 

So. if i cry, i do. if i dont, i dont. either way, i just need to go with it. 

SO. without further ado... my february so far:

Feb. 1st: Day 1 started with me getting to spend the day with my nephew, Ethan! It has kinda sorta even changed into me doing that for 3 days/week... woohoo! i love that little boy. as sweet as he is, he can be a sweet little stinker too, which is great for me because i have a ton of fun with his spunkiness :)

Feb. 2nd: a simple cup of coffee made by el tigre made my day. it was a long day... but there is nothing like sipping a cup of coffee knowing that it has been made with love. it changes my day~

Feb. 3rd: I got to go hang with my nephew again, & this time i got to have breakfast with my brother, too! we ordered pancakes, french toast, etc., from the local cafe & boy oh boy, it was tasty. that might be my new favorite breakfast place...

Feb. 4th: I headed up to the city friday night & saturday spent part of the day riding rides at the MOA with the bf, a sister & bro in law, and 3 nieces & a nephew! whew! it was a ton of fun & i definitely had moments of being a scaredy-cat. not afraid to admit it. but it was a ton of fun :) 

Feb. 5th: it ended up being a VERY LONG day... not all good... but. i went to the MOA with the bf & enjoyed a light lunch with GREAT drinks at Tucci Benucch & ended it with a delicious dessert of tiramisu. OH. MY. GOODNESS. it was amazing. thankfully we split it because there's no way i wouldve finished that on my own. thanks, Jason. it was a blast. thanks for loving me :)

Feb. 6th: So. ive been looking for a job. and it has been a mess. i went to a temp agency & had a prospective job that doesnt need my at the moment. SO, i went to another one & was actually offered a part-time job after my interview yesterday. i have to go in & take a drug test today, and then i start tomorrow morning! like i said, it's part-time, but i will also be watching my nephew the last part of the week. so it all somehow seems to be somewhat coming together. It's still pretty not exactly what i wanted, but it's a step & that's what i need.

So. there you have it. i dont have my good thing for today yet, but im sure i'll get there eventually. 

thanks for reading. thanks for your comments. thanks for walking this out with me. im hoping that february can start looking up. it has been pretty rough but i am enjoying having at least something to focus on while im attempting to mak it through this month.

peace & blessings.
LVo

ps: i have totally been loving this weather. i hate being cold & thankfully i havent been freezing for the past few months...


3 comments:

Sue Collins said...

I hope the part time job works out. I've been so relieved that you were with Ethan so he doesn't have to go to a sitter. I know how much you love him and it makes me happy that he is going to get to play with you 3 days a week and his parents the other 4! For Ethan this is the best situation-I wish the same for you.
I think things happen when you are ready, just be positive and ready for whatever comes. I always try (sometimes it's hard) to be grateful for what I have, it helps to see things in a different way! Sending hugs!

gramma said...

good morning, my beautiful granddaughter, Lauren Grace....Thank You for sharing your thoughts, just remember, we're all in this together with you!!!! This too shall pass!!! God has mighty plans for YOU!!!! Enjoy every minute with your little nephew..and glad you got to share breakfast with your bro...I enjoy being with my bro, and miss him now that he's back in WY....Love and hugs to you, <3 gramma

Kaitlyn Luce said...

I've had this in my mind the past couple of weeks..."You'll look back on this with fondness." I'm planning on writing a blog post about it, but it's true. This season of your life might be a little difficult right now, but a few months or years from now you'll look back on it fondly.

Also, your good things that you're finding in February is a nice reminder for me to keep my eyes open for the little things every day. Thanks for that reminder.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.