Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

there. i said it... whew. it feels good to just get that out there.

i even googled "i hate february" to find a great image to post. and you know what? im not the only one who is blogging about it today. that makes me feel just a little bit better about the month...

oh. why you ask? where do i even begin...

its usually the coldest month. (i HATE the cold.)
my day of birth falls in february. 
ive never enjoyed valentine's day.
why? because my birthday treats/cakes always had some sort of pink on them. im not a fan of pink.
the days seem short. winter seems so close, yet so far to being done.

ugh. even thinking about it makes me sick. i hate that. 

i was talking with a friend last night about my hatred of the month. i was telling him about all of these thoughts & feelings & failures come up during this time. He said something that got me thinking. what if its the lord's doing in bringing all of these things to the surface? what if the reason for it is to bring redemption to those areas in my life?

Hmm. that's an interesting thought. what if that's true? God can do anything He wants, so maybe that's how it'll work in me.

so. what's my reason with this post then? well. ive decided that i need to change my attitude about this month. but how do i do that when inevitably something can go wrong at any minute that will completely send me into the stratosphere?

well. that is where this blog, right here, comes into play! 

i was thinking about it this morning & ive decided. i need to think of at LEAST one good thing for every day of the month. i'll make sure that i write it down, & when i have a free moment, i will sit down & blog about it.

i want to like this month. i dont want to be bitter & jaded & whatever else goes along with it. 

so. here's to a new month. to a new view on an old month. 

feel free to add your thoughts along with it. 

thanks. 
LVo


4 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

I'm excited to read about what the Lord is teaching you. :-)

Sharon said...

I think redemption #1 needs to be this awesome weather today!!!! Love you!

Sharon said...

It's 48 right now! Loving it!

Angie Vik said...

I don't mind February although March seems to drag. February has one of my favorite holidays - Groundhog Day. Kind of fun to have holidays honoring St. Valentine, two famous presidents, AND a groundhog. Plus the whole leap year thing is kind of cool. I'm looking forward to hear the good things you come up with.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.