Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

hope. that has been on my mind lately.

within the last week, ive watched 2 movies with that same theme. im starting to wonder if i need to apply it to my own life. . .

ive been watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy today, & a theme that has popped up multiple times has been hope.

Without it, the men will fall... evil will reign... their homes & lives will be ruined.

this past weekend i watched the Hunger Games. President Snow's reason for not just "shooting the 24 tributes in a firing squad fashion was because without a victor (winner) there would be no hope."

hope is what keeps us alive. it keeps us moving.

hope that tomorrow will be better. that our lives may change. that something different & good will happen.

hope that our good works are not in vain. hope that our kindness does not go unnoticed.

hope that tomorrow is a new day.

i think of this often. there are many days where i wonder if im in the right place, doing the right thing. wondering if this is there the Lord has called me to be.

if i think that i have no purpose to be who or where i am, i have nothing.

but if my hope is in the Lord, i can have faith that i will be brought through my trials.

hope that the enemies within me will falter. hope that kindness will show.

hope that tomorrow will bring new mercies. and that there will be kindness.

that is what i am thankful for tonight.

that the Lord is for me. that there is kindness. and that there is hope.

without it, i am nothing~

L.E.


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes.

Kaitlyn Luce said...

Yes, hope. It's what keeps me going every single day. It's a good thing to think about.

Post a Comment

your words mean more to me than my own. please share.